I think I might still be tired from our travels this summer. It seems like every time I sit down to blog about our trips I just want to lay down and take a nap. But now I am laying on a hotel bed in the dark surrounded by sleeping kids at 8:30 pm so I really have no excuse. I can blog or go to sleep and I refuse to go to bed this early because that would mean I am getting old.
My kids were looking forward to our Paris trip for a really long time—months to be exact. They knew very little of our plans all they really cared about was meeting Aunt Charité and Sita (that is short for Mamasita aka my mom) in Paris. It is so fun to get to see the people you love and miss and let them share a small part of the “adventure” with you.
We had a fantastic time in Paris. We hit the hotspots, The Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysses, Sacre Coeur, and of course one day at Disneyland Paris. Most memorable moments
1. Losing a frisbee up the side of the Eiffel Tower and James climbing it a bit to find it, no luck,
2. Holli loved ALL the air vents on the floor of The Louvre, think Marilyn Monroe at 3 years old
3. Crepes on the street filled with a variety of tasty things from savory to sweet
4. Waiting in line for a public toilet and somehow rendering it out of order the rest of the day
5. Standing in line for the elevator up the Eiffel Tower but having to jump out of line for a toilet but alas none could be found because some ding dong had taken 4 kids in at once and broke it
6. A busted camera on day one of the 13 day trip
7. Learning to count to 7 in French 😉